You would have to live under a rock to be unaware of the COVID-19 virus. This virus, a close relative of SARS and MERS, has been in the news for several weeks now. There is a lot of good information available to people but there is also a lot of disinformation being circulated. The doctors at Madison Avenue Chiropractic Center wanted to take some time to make sure that our patients and friends know what to do to safeguard themselves during this crisis. Here are the recommendations.
1) Wash your hands regularly. Hands should be washed after using the restroom, after travel on public transport, after sneezing or coughing and anytime we touch our eyes, mouth or nose.
2) Eat a diet with increased servings of fruits and vegetables. A poor diet lacks the vitamins, minerals, enzymes and micro nutrients needed to keep itself in good repair. Avoid sugar, tobacco and caffeine.
3) Get plenty of rest. Most of the healing our body does is while we sleep. Sleep replenishes our energy and helps to promote a strong immune response.
4) Drink plenty of water. Dehydration decrease immune response and nutrient absorption.
5) Finally get regular Chiropractic adjustments. There has been much research done on the positive effect of Chiropractic on immunity. But don’t take my word for it. Here are several articles from sources both inside and outside chiropractic.
Our office will be remaining open regular hours. For those of you from long island who are not coming into the city we can make arrangements for you to get your adjustments on Long Island. Please give us a call to schedule these appointments. We cannot over-emphasize the importance of getting regular adjustments during this time. We look forward to seeing you and your family members.